How To Configure an Application Specific Setup
Commercial Radio Setup
Follow these instructions to set the radio to Narrow-band mode:
1. Press the [VFO/MR] button to enter frequency mode.
2. Press the [MENU] button to enter the menu.
3. Enter  on the numeric keypad.
4. Press [Menu] to select.
5. Use the [UP] and [DOWN] button to confirm and save.
6. Press the [Menu] button to confirm and save.
7. Press the [EXIT] button to exit the menu.
Amateur Radio Setup
In contrast with Commercial radio operators, who often need very specific requirements to be compatible with a very specific radio implementation, amateur radio operators tend to need the broadcast possible settings to be compatible with as many systems as possible. This basically implies turning off all extraneous features that you typically might need for a commercial setup.
In a typical Amateur radio setup the following settings would be recommended:
- Set bandwidth to Wide
- Turn DCS and CTCSS off
- Turn ANI, DTMFST, S-CODE, PTT-ID off and PTT-LT to 0ms
- Turn off Squelch Tail Elimination (STE) features
- Turn roger beep (ROGER) off